What is the KonMari Method?
Marie’s KonMari Method™ of decluttering and organizing is now an intentional phenomenon. Her first book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up has sold more than eight million copies in over 40 countries and was a New York Times best seller. In 2015, she was named one of The 100 Most Influential People.
The Basic Principles of the KonMari Method:
- Principle 1: Visualize your ideal life. Before you begin tidying, go inward and ask yourself why do you want to tidy?
- Principle 2: Discard first, then organize your space in one go.
- Principle 3: Tidy by category and order (clothes, books, papers, komono, and sentimental), NOT by location.
- Principle 4: Ask, “Does it spark joy?” If it sparks joy, keep it, if does not, get rid of it.
How KonMari Has Changed My Life:
- Increased self-awareness
- Enhanced creativity
- Developed a greater appreciation for ALL things
- Acquired financial gains
- Eliminated CHAOS – Can’t Have Anyone Over Syndrome
- Boosted cleanliness practices
- Improved family relations
- Increased sense of happiness
To find out more, visit Marie Kondo's Official Website